Real Estate Expertise
Real Estate Accounting Services
At Thomas Stephen & Company, LLP, it is our business to know your business. The foundation of this premise was the basis that our firm was originally conceived: to provide accounting, tax and consulting services to owners, investors, developers, contractors, syndicators, management companies, lenders and others involved in the real estate industry. Even though we have expanded the scope of our accounting and consulting services, our broadest expertise remains in the real estate industry.
Primary Services Include:
– Financial Statements Audits
– Project Cost Certifications
– Transactional Structuring and Negotiations
– Acquisition Due Diligence
– Succession Planning
– Operational Consultation
– Tax Planning, Preparation and Consultation
Experience Breeds Success
The real estate industry is an intricate system of specialty and sub-specialty areas of expertise (i.e. financial, tax, legal, entitlement, etc.). A successful transaction can be very similar to a juggling act – drop one ball and a deal is lost. As a result of our vast experience and knowledge spanning the real estate industry, our real estate accountants can help clients ensure a smooth transaction from start to finish. Whether we are serving as financial advisors for investments involving Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s) or, acting as accounting and business consultants for builders and developers, our real estate accountants are more than prepared and armed with years of experience and expertise for any situation that might arise in the real estate industry. No transaction is too small or large. At our firm, all transactions receive the same level of commitment from our qualified staff.
Areas of Expertise:
– Commercial Real Estate – office buildings, hotels, industrial and stand-alone warehouses, shopping centers
– Residential Real Estate – conventional, multi-family or affordable housing apartment properties (single-family home builders)
– Hospitality – hotels, resorts and clubs from acquisition and development of operations and disposition
– Land Development – “for sale” planned unit development, sub-division, assemblage (combined for sale and end user properties)
– Affiliated Services – contractors (general and specialty), mortgage banking, developers, architects, property managers, builders.